Wednesday, March 22, 2006

max capacity

I haven't yet hit my max capacity for talking about weddings (yet). I have, however, hit my max of the fricking (insert many profane and vulgar curse words here) Mercury in Retrograde. I usually don't pay much attention, but for whatever reason I did take note this time and therefore have been watching little minor things happen here and there that are generally annoying (including the Hilton not having my reservation when I called a week prior to the class - bam they just plain old didn't have it and were sold out... losing my credit card... bank overdraft fees... etc.). But this one today really took the cake and happened to involve the prior three examples! Since I lost my credit card, when I checked in I gave them my bankcard. They ran the preliminary "hold" on the funds until my roommate was able to put her credit card in for me. I kept seeing on my bank screen that they were holding almost $1000 in funds but kept thinking it would disappear. MUCH to my distress, today I logged in to check my balance and there were ten overdraft fees and three returned items. I have never had an item rejected so I now have to call those three vendors (if I can even figure out who they are, because the bank doesn't have that information) and beg for their mercy (I'm assuming they'll charge me additional fees as well). This situation sucks. I'm trying to be grateful and see the sunny side that I even logged on this morning but I'm having major heartburn over this one. I think in addition I'm not really used to being a business traveler and because of the demanding hours of the course it's been difficult to go anywhere else for meals but the hotel. Lunch cost $15 and then forget it if I just want a little salad for dinner. I chose this business because of the minimal investment requirements, but now I'm wondering about all sorts of other expenses (like liability insurance and an additional phone line etc. etc. etc.). Sigh. Sorry for the rant but I had ta get it off my chest!

1 comment:

  1. UGH. I feel your pain. I used to travel all the time for work and this kind of shit would happen all the time.

    Hang in there, sister. This too will pass, and then all of these annoying start-up expenses will be behind you. The important thing is you're doing it!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete