Wednesday, October 11, 2006

what's new magoo (a post just for katia)

I'm not sure why I'm so quiet these days. Partly it's that I'm busy and partly it's that my computer is WHACKED. It's so slow it feels like it's from the 80s or something. I looked up to see how many pictures I have in there and it said 60 GB. Um. That's like, a lot. So I'm methodically going through and deleting / sorting / reorganizing. And it's really fun because I can see what a rich life I have! So many great trips & experiences & friends. And so so many pictures of Willow and good looking food (shocking).

Boulder is so beautiful right now, so crisp, the very last little bits of leaves left on the trees. We got our first dusting of snow yesterday, fog hanging heavy over the foothills.

This coming weekend I'm doing a tantra class. I'm a bit nervous about it but I also think it will be good. I'm also a little bummed that I don't really have anyone at the moment to practice with. Lately I'm feeling kind of wistful that a year ago I was on the verge of something quite nummy (as my mummy would say) and here I am a whole year later, single and sick of making dinners for one, not having anyone at the end of my day to wind down with. I'm trying *really* hard not to feel sorry for myself but last night I just sat on my couch with a lot to unravel and it made me desperately sad that there was no one who wanted to know or ask at the end of my day what was in my heart and on my mind. It's not that there aren't friends who I couldn't call and share, but you know what I mean, that one person who you talk to at the end of the day. I keep flicking my frustration aside when it comes up, like a little fly that keeps returning. Oh, look, it popped up again. But raaar, for real. I look in the mirror on my good hair days and I think, what the hell, I'm a good catch, I'm pretty, I'm sexy, I have good style and a grand heart. Sigh sigh sigh. My sister played me this song on our road trip that was one of the most adorable things. It's called "Do you realize" by the Flaming Lips and she said this song always reminds me of you because I don't think you realize how beautiful you are! Thanks P-didds. I love you motto.

Artist: Flaming Lips Lyrics
Song: Do You Realize Lyrics
Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
Do You Realize - we're floating in space -
Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry
Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Do You Realize - Oh - Oh - Oh
Do You Realize - that everyone you know
Someday will die -

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
Do You Realize

2 comments:

  1. I love that song!

    Do you know the Indigo Girls song Love Will Come to You? That's what I'm singing to myself as I read this...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:19 AM

    good song reference....you should hear them sing it live, in person...so fun!

    ReplyDelete