Wednesday, November 22, 2006

heart drenched in gratitude

what is it
to think & thank
this miraculous pause
to feel our heart swell
oh, what a feeling
what a pause
strolling around
Whole Foods
all the harried shoppers
their penciled lists
we lock eyes
and for one moment
remember
you have family in town too
you have people to keep safe
and we love
so deeply
these beautiful treasures
on this amazing amazing holiday
it's just my favorite
I'm making salad
with pears
so unlike me!
(I don't like fruit in my food)
many many bountiful blessings & wishes
to you & yours
in this glorious glorious season
it's all worth saying twice
amen, amen
I love you! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. FYI - I, too, say - 'keep the fruit out of my veggie, thank you!'... hope you have the best of the best, ever! xoxox miss you this year. (hearts) m

    ReplyDelete