Friday, November 24, 2006

More than just turkey

This Thanksigiving went down in my history books
one of the best yet!
with Wynn & Douglas' family
Really I was friends first with Wynn, in 1999,
when I went back to pre-med for 1 year
(physics, biology & chemistry OY)
I used to come up the mountain & do my laundry with her
we'd gab about love & commitment & Ryan especially
she'd always say "you gotta meet my girls!"
then Shira moved to town & she was right,
I love her girls
And since the beginning, they made me family
and I couldn't have felt more a part of the brood last night
jokingly I said Douglas you shoulda had a 4th boy so I could marry into the family
and they said you ALREADY ARE FAMILY!
It's so wonderful, seeing everyone with their loves
(except Shira and I, we had to be each other's dates - sigh)
Hope you all had a wonderful meal with your families too

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:48 PM

    Dear H:

    Looks fabulous, my friend! I am glad that you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete