Saturday, February 17, 2007

ghost

you don't call
you don't write
you don't even whisper

you haven't come to me
in form yet

you are a ghost
of my imagination

you are my husband
you are my lover
you are my dream come true

tonight
you followed me
up into the elevator
I could feel your hand,
that warm comfortable way

knowing that
meeting you
will be the best thing
that's ever happened to me
(except for when my little sister was born!)
(or our wedding day)
(or getting pregnant)
(or all of those other yet to come miracles)

but right now
in this moment
I want to stop wanting you
I want to stop
feeling twisty pain
at coming home
alone

dang.
pretty (damn) sure
I'm pms.

1 comment:

  1. I so feel you here! I used to daydream about some future love, then for a while stopped believing he would come. Even though I stopped believing, he did come! And infinitely more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. So I am proof that good, true and lasting love does exist. But, I know it sure gets sucky sometimes! I think maybe if you didn’t suffer in longing for what you want a little, you wouldn’t appreciate it nearly as much when you finally do get it.

    ReplyDelete