Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"Athletic"

I took on this thing this year, around being athletic.

ath·lete
–noun a person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, stamina, or strength; a participant in a sport, exercise, or game requiring physical skill.

ath·let·ic
–adjective
1. physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports: an athletic child.
2. of, like, or befitting an athlete.
3. of or pertaining to athletes; involving the use of physical skills or capabilities, as strength, agility, or stamina: athletic sports; athletic training.
4. for athletics: an athletic field.
5. Psychology. (of a physical type) having a sturdy build or well-proportioned body structure. Compare asthenic (def. 2), pyknic (def. 1).

I think it all started last year when I was asked out a date and realized it was an "adventure date"... he said "let's run UP Sanitas". Also, I wanted to start snowboarding and when I used to ski I was SUCH a wuss. The major reason though is that I've decided this is my year to run a marathon, such a mental and physical hard core goal! So it's going well. My PT says that training for a marathon will bring out all of your body's vulnerabilities. One area is my feet... I had surgery in my teens and then cracked the hell out of a little bone in my foot when I tripped on a huge piece of rebar at Burning Man. So, "to be continued"...

1 comment:

  1. consuelo11:01 AM

    Congratulations on your marathon announcement! You will be completely amazed at what the training and crossing that finish line will bring out of you. You are already such a strong and spiritual woman and I can only imagine what the journey will do for you.

    ReplyDelete