Sunday, July 22, 2007

restless






restless
with the summer wind
the air feels thick
but sounds
like swoosh

restless inside
longing
once more
to love,
for love

it's just
that it comes
and goes,
this thing
for me

how
can I look
into my eyes
and say
I love you,
I accept you

love
all that you are not
all that you cannot be
in this moment

outside
curves
and freckles
winking
and sparkling

where in the center
in the center
a giant hole
or many tiny holes
to make the structure
ever so fragile

swallows me
it gulps
and rips me under
like the backslide
of a wave
a riptide

out of nowhere,
or even seeing it coming...
you take me away
knock me out
and I crumple

will I ever?
is there an end?
where do you begin
when will i get there,
the love of the 'self'
self love,
whatever

it sounds
so ridiculous
in this moment
but I know it's true
this is what is true

we are all this love
this healing
this wholeness
it's a remembering
and an unfortunate forgetting
a desperate delay
of that which was always our own

return to me
let me look at you
and admire

let me accept
this clutter
this insecurity
this lack of faith

this stumbling
unpredictable
disorganized
"never there"
girl

let me accept her
let me hold her
and tell her she'll be okay
it will be okay

hold her
like I am her mother
guide her
protect her
and let her big belly
be free

stand back
and gaze in awe at her
like my natural joy
to witness the passing of the sun
or the wrinkled bark of an old tree
and the miracle of crinkly bats
journeying into the night

Rumi Poem
Let go of your worries
and be completely clear-hearted,
like the face of a mirror
that contains no images.
If you want a clear mirror,
behold yourself
and see the shameless truth,
which the mirror reflects.
If metal can be polished
to a mirror-like finish,
what polishing might the mirror
of the heart require?
Between the mirror and the heart
is this single difference:
the heart conceals secrets,
while the mirror does not.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:45 PM

    An incredible expression of beauty, clarity and compassion.

    razrmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:52 AM

    can I just say that you have a gorgeous body? Hope the artwork was to celebrate that you are wearing a RED bikini!!! :)
    I might have missed the point in the poem...
    love,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrew6:46 PM

    a freind of mine reccomended I check out your blog (for certain graphic design elements, actually), and this entry simply blew me away... one of the more interesting, original, & heartfely things I have seen online in quite a while...

    those mirror images combined with the writing.. wow..

    anyway, several people comment on the red bikini & you in it... I am leaving a comment that as interesting as that is.. your mind/creativity is what really blew me away..

    I am a guy with normal male testosterone levels, so to take my mind off of a bikini is quite a creative feat...

    so again, thanks...

    ReplyDelete