Monday, October 06, 2008

An inspiring reader

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN!

The only reader of this blog who is not a personal friend, John (who requested that he continue reading when I went "private"), just ran a marathon! He emailed me earlier this year to share that he was inspired by watching my training last year. He just finished on Sunday in 3:51! Great job, John. I'm now inspired by you. It takes so much, so much discipline and getting over our thoughts. Getting up early and having to go out and re-run what we did the week before plus add more miles. It takes getting past "fuck this!". The physical pain, the changes in our diet, our social life. It's a trip, and I don't think anyone can understand it until they do it. Certainly by far my biggest accomplishment in life. Still looking for anything else I can devote myself to that would be that big, a once-in-a-lifetime. Probably won't be until giving birth, I guess!
Also, Josh has been training for the Denver Marathon as well. Shout out to J-dawg, twice in one day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, and the inspiration to do it in the first place. :-) It was an amazing experience, and if the pain in my legs ever goes away I may do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work John! Kinda weird giving "props" to someone I have never met...but you got a fantastic time, you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete