Monday, March 23, 2009

Tough







Last year my dad visited and among the "Daddy do" list was helping me stain & seal my new redwood deck rail. We spent some time staining it thrice. Within 3 months, however, it began to peel. I re-sealed it but to no avail. My friend Kate came over and with her wood-working experience taught me to restore it to its original glory, using an electric sander. We stained it with a sealant designed for boats, in other words made to last. We only had to put one coat on and this morning I woke up with a smile to see my hard work rewarded. I was super proud of my toughness, because as some of you know too well, I'm an absolute baby and clutz when it comes to handy-work. I'm working on it! I've recently mastered my powerdrill. Well, mastery is a bit of an overstatement. I'm going to teach my daughter(s) how to screw early... uh, wait, that came out wrong.





1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:21 AM

    A job well done, and a splendid view of the mountains.Be carefull not to do to much D I Y or you might end up with fingernails like you'r friend Kate.

    ReplyDelete