Sunday, April 05, 2009

pure loveliness


I cleaned out my garage storage yesterday and found my old art / poetry / writing journals and realized I've been doing this since 1997! I'm CRAZY excited about the artist's retreat Morgan and I are attending in the Fall, and one of the classes is about using mixed media in your journal! I have to give a lot of credit to my girl Katia, who one day opened up her journal and took me to a new place... she's a fer real artist and her work moves me. When we get together we crack ours open and thumb through each other's lives... a very sacred thing to share (and who I get to see next week when I'm in San Francisco woop woop ~ along with many of my peeps who live there).
"Free Woman"

I made this one Saturday and it's by far my most favorite EVER. It speaks to me on such a deep level and feels like "wholeness".

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Barbara8:06 AM

    Sweetie, you were born with that creative talent! You've had that all of your life! Love, A.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:06 AM

    I find it so funny that it took you so long to see how creative you are... you are an open channel and it just pours out of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I didn't know y'all were going to Squam -- I am going too!YAY!
    Reb

    ReplyDelete