Sunday, August 09, 2009

Writing for me

I was having coffee with my friend Julie (read her blog, it's really funny) who introduced me to Pyschic Horizons, and she had this insight:

Maybe I'm writing this book for different reasons than why I think I'm writing this book
Maybe I'm not writing for other people, maybe I'm writing this book for me
This book is simply another angle, step, layer of my own healing.

When our friends listen, they give us back our own truth, don't they?

I feel such freedom. Whoosh, all the pressure of what to write about, how to organize all these different thoughts or wondering how themes will weave together... disappeared. Sigh of relief.

I'm just gonna keep writing. To keep writing. Genius.

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Peggy12:53 PM

    And I, for one, love reading your writing. Inspires me to do my own for me. The hardest part for me is beginning...........

    ReplyDelete