Wednesday, December 30, 2009

catch a breath



Everything that you want--all the joy, love, abundance, prosperity, bliss--it's there, ready for you to grab ahold of it. And you've got to get hungry for it. You've got to be intentional. And when you become intentional and on fire for what you want, the Universe will deliver every single thing that you've been wanting. Recognize the beautiful and wonderful things around you, and bless and praise them. And on the other side, the things that aren't currently working the way you want them to work, don't spend your energy faulting or complaining. Embrace everything that you want so you can get more of it.
~ Lisa Nichols



Right now I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed as we wrap up the year. It's been a month and a half of over-doing myself... poor eating and sleep habits, stress at work (time crunches and mercury in retrograde messing with me) and holiday shopping. It's been a long time that I've recognized the need to stop and ignored it. Over and over and over. Surprisingly, I've had the hardiness to keep going without completely bottoming out, which I consider a very good sign - especially compared to the good old years of having to come home and lay face down on my bed for an hour after just going out to get groceries! Yay health and well-being.

Supposedly I have the last two weeks of December off but it hasn't been until this moment that I've been able to be in silence and have at least the past few hours to myself. I'm going to go into complete silence on Friday and Saturday, turn off the phone, just me myself and I. I've been doing some reflecting about the new year, and looking over last year's intentions. It's always so fascinating for me to look back. Oh, riiiiiiight, I was going to do *that*. Or, even better, oh, I DID that! A LOT has happened this year. A lot of activity, a lot of new people in my life - thank you facebook - lots of highs and a few pretty big disappointments. And so, off I go...



*************************************


What happens during Mercury Retrograde?:
Since Mercury rules communication, it's said that everything goes haywire in that area -- emails get deleted or bounced back, mail is returned, calls go out into the ethers, etc. Some people find that their computers go on the fritz or phone lines go down. I've never seen the hard data on this, so make your own observations. It does seem though that miscommunications abound during the retrograde period.

A Time-Out:
Mercury retrograde gives us time to catch up with ourselves, and to look back. Something from the past might return in a different form. This can mean people, ideas or buried insights that need to surface for you to move forward. Often it's felt as a contemplative time, depending on the sign, a chance to go over old ground again, to claim what you missed the first time.

Be Non-Committal:
There's a long-held belief that it's best to avoid making set plans during the Mercury Retrograde. This means being cautious about things like signing contracts, and forming partnerships and corporations. What gets put in writing at this time may turn out to need serious revising after Mercury goes direct. But since tying up loose ends is the domain of retrograde, this type of finalization might fly.

Can you repeat that?:
In our relationships, sometimes we gloss over things that pushed buttons at the time, but which we let slide. What seemed not worth the trouble may reveal itself as a major issue in need of our attention. The Mercury retrograde is a time for review, when the underlying patterns come to light.

Back to the Drawing Board:
Some dreams and goals get lost in the hectic rushing around of daily life. The Mercury Retrograde period can be a rich time of reflection on those longings. This makes it a time for the soul to ponder its destiny. You might look over old journals, review your creative work, muse on serendipities of the past that have pointed you toward your spirit's calling. It can make the retrograde period a time of solidifying a sense of your personal story and where you're headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment