Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Kitchen remodel

BEFORE


I am SO excited, I'm finally moving forward on a kitchen remodel. I've decided to do white cabinets because I don't like light wood and it's too small a space for dark wood. Plus the kind of cabinet I'm getting is very durable and easy to clean (for renters). The thing I'm most excited about is the storage and counter space we've added. We moved the stove more to the left and then added the additional counter to the left of the stove (which extends into the living area). It occurred to me last night that I'm making this a larger kitchen because I love to cook. But what about people that don't cook at all, will this be wasted space? Ah, who cares. The remodel is for me anyway. I totally gave up that whole, will I get a return on my investment thing. I spend so much time at home and I love being here as it is, now it will make me smile every time I look at the kitchen instead of frown.

Here's the two options I'm considering... should I do the full cabinet above that extension or the angled / glass cabinet? As a side note, I also bought a double-paned new window and sliding glass door that I've wanted to do for years. I'm having so much fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment