Saturday, June 19, 2010

Adventures in electricity

When I went to replace my dented microwave, I decided to hard wire a box in the wall behind the microwave, as we had to dangle the chord down from the microwave to the box below on the wall. Clunky looking! So I put in a recessed box and thought, good to go! In the same 48 hours, my tile person moved my stove in and out to finish the backsplash, then bam both my stove and the microwave plug-in stopped working. DRAT! Eventually I decided to hire an electrician, for various other reasons, and spent $600 fixing up bad work from past tenants. At least I'm safe now!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You're such a bad ass. Handy Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:07 PM

    We have lots of electrical stories to share with you! All of them have been very very expensive........ But that will wait until the next time that we get to see you! I am SO jealous of your new oven! We haven't had one for over a year and two months now. I really miss it, I used it a lot. I hate being so broke! Lots of love, Aunt Barbara

    ReplyDelete