Sunday, August 26, 2012

Havasuuuuuuu ~ take it easy!


Here is my long-postponed post from our family vacation to Lake Havasu, AZ, over 4th of July.  Everyone was there, including Uncle Bob from Albuquerque, NM, cousin-aunt Luciana from New Orleans, and "the chosen one" Shaya!  It was such a grand time but I had so many pictures it was hard to pick which ones to post.  Thus the reason for the trust collage!
  

The landscape around Havasu is gorgeous.

Here's my cousin-aunt Luciana.  Wow it was awesome to have her spontaneously join us.  She was fascinated by how much our family talks about and plans for meals.  Yeah.  We're into food.  We're also very into drinking water.  In fact, we sort of hound people about drinking water!  We all had just discovered the phone app "Draw Something" and every night would sit side by side and play it with each other.

,
Uncle Bob is so dear to me, what a character.  He loves to tell stories and has had a lot of entertaining life experiences.  One of the best moments of the weekend was when we found about 50 pictures of food on his camera!  I'm not the only person in the world who takes pictures of my food!  Uncle Bob also came in quite handy for the unexpectedly, awfully difficult task of driving the trailer (he just finished big rig truck driving school).  I took the first shift of parking the trailer, only to realize in horror that the beast attached to the back of the truck had no interest in helping me.  A nice guy waiting for me to park hopped out and got 'er done.  Due to Shaya's extensive life of boating :-), she then was assigned to this job for the remainder of the weekend.  Pretty stressful actually. 

And here's Shaya... we call her the "chosen one" because she is my mom's chosen daughter.  She was famous for her teff pancakes, and even Matt tried them out.  Just add butter and it's all good.  Shaya and I are ridiculously healthy eaters, but if one of us drinks the other one is a lemming (not naming names), so we enjoyed the ginormous drink of god knows what at the Pirate's Cove.  Love you Shaya!

Family, I LOVE MY FAMILY!  Thanks everyone for being such great people that are funny and loving.  You make me wanna dance.
 
And now, for the big news... let me navigate through this collage. Alexandra's belly!  Is that a sonogram?    Newlyweds!  Matt, upper right, discussing how big Alexandra's cervix will be (just kidding)... and Alexandra drinking at her wedding... they got pregnant the week after the wedding.  Yay!  Congratulations, we are all so exciting and sending good juju for a healthy little boy.  Barney Kearney!

No comments:

Post a Comment