Sunday, October 07, 2012

Shaya's journey

Shaya is taking a Shamanic training course, and did a journey for me earlier this year about the work that is my livelihood until I finish grad school in a couple years. Something has been nagging at me about going "back" into Human Resources, but I wasn't sure if that was the right fit.  My friend Kate sat down with me and helped me define what I want to do (I like consulting, working of projects and creating processes).  I've had some major revelations this year about the lifespan of my career, and I won't go into all of them because many have disappeared, but I wanted to capture Shaya's beautiful words.  Also, out of nowhere, the professional of Recruiting came into the reading.  Little did I know that in just a few months... specifically October 15th I will be starting a new job as a sales recruiter.  This chick is talented at tuning in.

Helen thrives in a professional environment. She likes to have a clear job description. Clear expectations. A job she can feel successful in and thrive in. It is important that the work makes her feel good about her self. Work she can excel at. She needs to feel celebrated and successful. This energizes her and makes her excited and happy to go to work. Helen is a very hard worker when she feels appreciated and responsible for clear outcomes. When she knows what’s expected, she can make it happen. She loves working with people, helping solve problems, making things happen. She loves helping people come up with solutions to their needs. HR appeals to her need for work that makes a difference. That makes positive change for people and organizations. Recruiting is a way to bring her coaching, counseling and sales skills together. It’s like being a matchmaker and she will enjoy being able to really get up in people’s business. She gets to make people’s dreams come true, to help them find the work they love at a great company. Work needs to be fun to be fulfilling. There needs to be a sense of freedom to be herself and also to take the ball and run with it. Be patient. Be calm. Be honest and forward, ask for what you want. Relax and be yourself. Be genuinely curious and also interested and engaged. Stay clear about what you want and ask for it clearly. The rest is up to divine timing. This is a time to be patient and trusting and clear about what you want.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! She's good! Does she do these readings professionally?

    ReplyDelete