Saturday, February 09, 2013

Migraines

I'm out here in Orange, southern California, visiting my newborn nephew Skyler. Woke up to the sheer pierce of a migraine and reflecting on my recent paper about  stress. I haven't written much yet about my new job but it's really nearly unbearable the amount of work I'm expected to do. We are supposedly in a hiring "push" but I worry this is the status quo. It's been years since I've had a job where there is no hope of completing my work at the end of the day or week, and no amount of structure or good habits would change that. But one thing is for sure, my health is taking a beating. I hate that it takes a migraine coming on to make me stop and rebalalance. It's not like the migraine is a surprise, as all the little pieces have been showing themselves along the way; a chain reaction like a freight train. More on all this later. Calgon please take me away!

1 comment:

  1. Migraine can make you less productive. Are you taking any medication to ease the pain? Aside from taking medicine, maybe you should avoid what triggers your migraine. You can also consider alternative treatments to help keep you from painful migraine attacks.

    ReplyDelete