Wednesday, March 27, 2013

iPad!!

As a very nice reward for hiring 111 (and counting) people within the last five months, I bought myself an iPad. I'm still trying to figure it all out - I am not a Mac user and think it is funny when people say they are so intuitive... not if you don't use a Mac! Shaya and I played around with photobooth app, that was fun. Anyway, on our team call this afternoon my boss was presenting out team scorecard and on our team of about 10 recruiters we have hired 400 people. Um. My lightening fast math brain tells me that I filled a Quarter of the requisitions (in the US) for one of the world's largest Software companies. My coworker said to me today "you're a machine!" I have never ever ever heard that.

In other exciting news... I bought my tickets to Peru for this awesomeness: http://journeytopachamama.com/

Patricia continues to stun me with her out of this world creativity for her wedding. Her / our goal is to get her wedding published in a magazine. Yep. It's gonna be that good. I just have to keep it all on task because she is so disorganized - just kidding. She has a 50+ page power point!

School. Oh right I'm in grad school! I took this whole semester off because the idea of working such crazy hours (I'm trying to keep the economy growing here, people) was impossible to bear. I just could not do it. I finally decided to give up volunteering with the precious horses. I'd something that brings me such joy but having to finish my work day at 4 to get out there required that I would have to work until 9 when I got back. It's been a really really rough five months for sure. I've never worked so hard in my life. While I'm so grateful that I've been given this opportunity for a shot at a new speciality, I'm completely burned out. The good news is that I have gotten double the experience because of the volume. It's all good in the end.

Well, Cheerios (the iPad hasn't learned "cheerio" yet)!

No comments:

Post a Comment